Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ubuntu dhivehi translation

I got invite for this lately.
Link: Ubuntu Dhivehi Translation(facebook group)

I haven't checked it much, but they are doing a translation for Ubuntu in dhivehi. For me, it looks like the whole operating system is being translated to dhivehi(ei dhivehin), that means any one who can read dhivehi can "operate" their own PC's efficently.

No technicals skills required, any body can join and contribute, (e.i dhivehi bas engei dhivehin) according to the group. If I had time I would, but I even dont get time to check mail & when I get time, I'll keep reading all interesting blogs I find.

(a P.S below)
I've been busy for a long time and now I got time to check all my internet stuff, hotmail, facebook & this blog. I did'nt really expect any comments, or links to interesting blogs thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info. Hope they are successful with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi

    why don't you join the translation mailing list so you can get updates on the happenings

    http://groups.google.com/group/divtranslators

    also we are meeting every night online on irc channel #moss on server freenode

    ReplyDelete